Sunday, May 23, 2010

"A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself." Abraham Maslow

Lately I have been more creative than I have been in months, or even years.

James wakes up with funny hair:


This creativity has come out in music, photography, but mostly I just want to paint. I have all these ideas for watercolors, and here are the results of practicing some techniques so I know what I'm doing when I finally get in front of that canvas. Keep in mind, I used pearlescent water colors, and will be using regular for my larger pieces.

I'm getting so hooked that I think I might even minor in fine art, not because I think I am particularly talented, but because it would give me some real satisfaction.

And I have tried to make marble paper, like this that I did in high school

using a technique I found online with food coloring and shaving cream. Found here:http://www.homemademamas.net/2009/09/marbled-paper.htm
They turned out horribly, but I realized my mistake and will be trying this again in a couple weeks. Here's how mine turned out. I used the only music I had around. Music paper, how funny.

No comments: