Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Photography blahs.




During this photography 365 project/challenge with James I really feel like I have had moments of brilliance. Lately, however, I have had fewer and fewer of those and all my photos I feel are subpar and definitely not something I am proud of at the end of the day.

Lighting, of course, is my main obstical, as I imagine it is for many photographers. Other than that, how I can I be a more consistent photographer? Any tips from anyone? Do I just need to take hundreds of photos and not stop until I have something I am truly happy with?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ALWAYS take at least 100 pictures anytime I set out to take pictures at all. I MIGHT get 1 or 2 from 100 that I actually feel are worth looking at. It's frustrating. Sometimes I feel the "blas" as well. It helps to take frivolous pictures of something I enjoy for no other reason than I enjoy it. Recently it's been pictures of my daughter, but before she was born I could always count on animal or flower photography to kick me out of my photography "blah" rut.

Good luck! I love the pictures of James you've been taking. They are so cute!!

Kaela said...

Thanks, Sarah. Good to know I'm not the only one.

And, congrats on the little girl, she's darling!