Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Music is the literature of the heart; it commences where speech ends." Alphonse de Lamartine

I have decided today that I want to do something incredible.

I remember being poor growing up. I remember living in the woman's homeless shelter, but it certainly wasn't a bad memory. No, being in that shelter was amazing. All the women there helped each other. Each week we were able to go and get new clothes or pajamas for free. On special occasions we went to get sample make-up and perfumes. On Christmas I received my very own present, I don't remember what it was but I remember being touched. I want to be able to give back what was given to me, maybe more. I look at my life now, I am by no means rich, but I am comfortable. Even though I have no money to donate, I do have old toys, nice clothes that don't fit anymore and an over abundance of time.

I want to go to soup kitchens at least once every week. I would love to volunteer at a shelter or a boys and girls club. I would love to work building homes for Habitat for Humanity. I would love and need to do 5ks, walks, marches, you name it for charity as well. So, I will get my lazy mind off of myself and busy to help people in need.


I leave you with the most hilarious thing I have seen today, seeing as my camera batteries have died. (:

No comments: